Ventura County youth advocates are hosting an event in observance of World AIDS Day this coming Saturday, December 1, 2012.
World AIDS Day Event 2012
Saturday, December 1, 4-6pm
Ventura Improv Company
34 North Palm Street, Ventura, CA 93001
Drop by the Ventura Improv Company between 4-6pm to show your support of HIV/AIDS education, awareness, and finding a cure!
- Get your picture taken and posted to our advocate page
- Meet and mingle with others
- Watch a video
- Get a red ribbon pin, wristband or other item as our thanks!
Even if you are unable to attend, you can still participate!
- On Saturday, take a picture of yourself holding a sign saying “I AM..”. Fill out the rest of that sentence with anything you wish! “I am proud to be LGBT”, “I am outspoken”, “I am an activist”, or anything else that you want!
- Post it to the OutSpoken VC’s Facebook advocacy page.
- Let other people know, so they can join in!
About OutSpoken VC:
Straight Up, through a collaboration and contract with Ventura County AIDS Partnership, is reaching out to LGBT youths to to develop advocacy skills in order to further HIV/AIDS awareness and education in Ventura County. MORE