The drinking age in the US (currently age 21) is under scrutiny. Various groups (including the Amethyst Initiative) believe that the drinking age should be reexamined and, perhaps, lowered. Straight Up listens to youth, a law enforcement representative, and a college president — and why they think a lower drinking age is a bad idea.
You can find out more about the drinking age debates at the following resources:
- Amethyst Initiative — from Wikipedia
- Beware the Amethyst — Straight Up editorial
- Debate on Lowering the Drinking Age — 60 Minutes broadcast (transcripts available)
- Support for 21 Minimum Drinking Age Law and Underage Drinking Prevention — MADD site
The podcast is approximately 8 minutes long, and can be accessed the following ways:
- Subscribe through iTunes. Instructions can be found here.
- Listen online. MP3 file can be found at this link. Use Quicktime or iTunes to listen to the file. Right-click to download the file to your computer.
- Subscribe to the feed at this link. You can use a RSS feed reader such as Bloglines or Google Reader to be alerted to new content.
You can also access the podcast archives here.