MAKE A DIFFERENCE Video Contest 2012 for ages 12-25
Grand Prize: $500
Deadline: March 9, 2012
Create a short video about MAKING A DIFFERENCE – what you, your community, or your peers can do to be positive, create healthy change, and to help reduce underage and binge drinking, drug use, and impaired driving.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- How can you create positive peer pressure – that is, get your friends to have some healthy fun and make positive choices?
- What kind of activities can you get involved with that bring awareness to destructive decisions such as drinking, drugs, or impaired driving?
- What are some of the ways you, your family, or your school have started projects that promote awareness about social issues?
- Who is a person that you know that has been an inspiration to you for making positive decisions around alcohol or drugs?
- What are suggestions and advice for youth, parents and community members to make a difference?
Videos we’d like to see…
- We prefer videos between 30 and 90 seconds long – but if you want to make something longer, do it!
- Be serious, funny, or musical – just be creative!
- You can create a story that has a beginning, middle and end, like a short commercial.
- You can interview yourself or your friends.
- Or how about a cartoon or music video?
- The possibilities are endless … but read below for the rules before you start!
- Video needs to be about how to MAKE A DIFFERENCE about underage and binge drinking, impaired driving, and/or drug use (particularly marijuana, over-the-counter or prescription drugs).
- Submission can come from one person or a group. Only one grand prize will be awarded.
- Entrant(s) must live in Ventura County.
- The video’s concept must be entirely the creation of the individual or group.
- A completed entry form (on page 3 of this form), printed out and completed in ink, must accompany the submission. A completed, scanned version in PDF format may be submitted electronically.
- Videos accepted in the following formats: MPEG, MOV, AVI. Please, no DVDs.
- Contact Straight Up to arrange the best delivery method for your video.
- Submission will be judged according to its perceived value in promoting change surrounding underage and binge drinking, impaired driving, and/or drug use (particularly marijuana, over-the-counter or prescription drugs).
- Videos perceived to be condoning dangerous behavior will be disqualified.
- Entries will be reviewed by a committee of peers, local leaders, and prevention experts.
- One grand prize winner will be selected, as will several runner-ups.
- Winners will be notified by phone and by email on April 20, 2012.
Deadline and prize information
- One grand prize will be awarded to the winning individual or group in the total of $500.
- Several runner up awards will be given.
- Submission must be received by Friday, March 9, 2012.
For more information
(805) 643-5701 x1
About Straight Up: Straight Up is a youth development project that promotes social change regarding underage and binge drinking using improvisation and interactive performance and workshops with engaging discussion, exploration of issues, and the development of personal and community solutions to these problems. more