ATTN: VENTURA COUNTY YOUNG PEOPLE AGES 14-25
1st PRIZE $350 • 2nd PRIZE: $250 • 3rd PRIZE: $150
Deadline: November 29, 2012 • Winners announced: December 13, 2012
We’re looking for short videos that highlight the need to JUST TALK ABOUT IT – why it’s important to discuss HIV/AIDS among your peers or parents or other adults.
Need Ideas? Interview classmates, family members, educators, or health care professionals. Help parents understand the need to talk with their children about these issues. Share suggestions for healthy communication. Document an HIV prevention project you have participated in. Make something animated or musical. Explore all the whys and hows of the importance of TALKING ABOUT IT.
We Are Available! We can come to your school, group, or organization to talk about the project, offer guidance, or lend equipment and editing assistance if needed.
Who Are We? Westside Cultural Center’s Straight Up program promotes youth leadership and advocacy around such prevention issues as HIV/AIDS, underage drinking and drug abuse. Funding for this contest was provided by Ventura County AIDS Partnership.
- Duration of 30-90 seconds is preferred but may be longer. Not to exceed 10 minutes.
- Submission can come from one person or a group.
- Entrant(s) OR their affiliated group (such as a GSA) must reside in Ventura County.
- The video’s concept must be entirely the creation of the individual or group.
- Video must not include images or scenes of dangerous behavior or illegal activity.
- A completed entry form (download form here), printed out and completed in ink, must accompany the submission. A completed, scanned version in PDF format may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Actors, interviewees, and other individuals must agree to be on camera and complete a release (forms included in submission form); if the subject is under age 18, a parent/guardian must also sign the form.
- If a subject does not want his/her identity to be recognizable on video, their image and voice must be masked via voice- and image- altering technology. Contact us if you need assistance.
- All content will become the property of Straight Up/Ventura County AIDS Partnership and will be aired on local cable channels, on Straight Up’s YouTube channels, and at other events.
- Videos accepted in the following formats: MPEG, MOV, AVI. DVDs accepted but not preferred.
- Contact email@example.com to arrange the best delivery method for your video.
- Submission will be judged according to its perceived value in promoting communication to increase understanding of HIV/AIDS and HIV prevention.
- Entries will be reviewed by a committee of peers, local leaders, and prevention/education experts.
We can help! We can assist with equipment lending, shooting/editing, and other help. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 647-4622 to make an appointment.
Deadline and prize information
- One prize each of $350 (1st), $250 (2nd), and $150 (3rd) will be awarded; it is at the discretion of each group as to how the award money will be divided.
- Submission must be received by Friday, November 29, 2012.
- Winners will be announced by December 13, 2012.