This post was written by a Ventura County high school student.
So this is about my friend. He lives in England now. Because the legal drinking age there is lower than in the US, he and his friends thought it was okay to go out all night and party.
After about five hours straight, drinking beers and having shots, he started to feel sick. His friends didn’t know what was wrong with him, so they brought him to his house to sleep it off’. But he got worse and worse, and his friends finally brought him to the hospital. The doctor treated my friend for alcohol poisoning. He said my friend was lucky because he had no liver, brain, or heart damage from the amount of alcohol he had consumed — even though he easily could have had permanent damage to his brain and body.
I was relieved to hear that he was okay, even though he got really scared from the experience — he was only 16 and in way over his head. Other people I’ve known weren’t so lucky. These experiences really changed my thoughts on drinking and alcohol. No matter where I live, I want to play it safe.