Call to Action! On Tuesday April 24, 10am at the County Board of Supervisors meeting, there will be the Presentation of a Resolution Supporting Safe and Secure Prescription Drug Disposal and Declaring April 28, 2012 as “Drug Take Back” Day.
Come and support this resolution!
Tuesday, April 24, 10am
County Government Center
Hall of Administration
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room
800 S. Victoria Avenue
Ventura, California 93009
About Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, Saturday, April 28
The Drug Enforcement Administration has scheduled the fourth National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day for Saturday, April 28. This would be an ideal time to rummage through your medicine cabinet and safely dispose of any unwanted, unused prescription drugs.
On the last Take-Back Day, Oct. 29, 2011, Americans turned in more than 188 tons of unwanted or expired medications at the 5,327 take-back sites that were available in all 50 states and U.S. territories. When the results of the three prior Take-Back Days are combined, 498.5 tons of medications have been safely disposed of in the past 13 months.
The event is free and anonymous, and no questions will be asked.
- Camarillo Police Department, 3701 East Las Posas Road, Camarillo (805) 388-5100
- East County Patrol Station, 2101 East Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks (805) 494-8260
- Fillmore Police Department, 524 Sespe Avenue, Fillmore (805) 524-2233
- Headquarters Station, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura (805) 654-2304
- Moorpark Police Department, 610 Spring Road, Moorpark (805) 532-2700
- Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) has installed three drop boxes where anyone with base access can turn in old or unused prescription medications. At NBVC Port Hueneme, the drop box is at the west entrance door of the Navy Exchange. This is the door next to the patio, which leads into the food court. At NBVC Point Mugu, the drop box is next to the ice box as you exit the Navy Exchange. At NBVC San Nicolas Island, the drop box is just inside the galley.
- Ojai Police Department, 402 South Ventura Street, Ojai (805) 646-1414
- Oxnard Police Station, 251 South C St., Oxnard (805) 385-7740
- Port Hueneme Police Department, (805) 986-6530
- Simi Valley Police Department, 3901 Alamo Street, Simi Valley (805) 583-6950
- Ventura Police Department, 1425 Dowell Drive, or at the Westside Resource Center, 110-K N. Olive St., Ventura (805) 339-4400