June 12, 2018 – BRITE (Formerly Straight Up) was presented with California State PTA Award!
BRITE – Formerly known as “Straight Up” was honored to have received an Honorary Service Award from the 12th District PTA in recognition of our community service to children and youth in our community! We are so grateful to all of the amazing youth and young adults that we have the privilege of working with. THANK YOU!
Other Awards & Honors
- Community Partner Award for Outstanding Partnership, Center for Community Engagement, Cal State University, Channel Islands
- Winner of CAPS-TV Cappie Award for “Be the DD Recruitment Video”
- Certificate of Appreciation from The Links, Incorporated (Channel Islands Chapter) for participation in the Youth Summit at CLU
- Certification of Recognition from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for participation in the Town Hall Meetings on Underage Drinking Prevention
- Palmer Drug Abuse Program honor
- Certificate of recognition and congratulation from the Mayor and City Council of the City of San Buenaventura
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Ventura County Behavioral Health Department’s Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board
- Honorary Service Award from California Congress of Parents, Teachers, and Students, Inc. (PTA)
- Certificates of acknowledgment from several members of the U.S. House of Representatives and California’s Senate and Legislature Assembly